Athletes in Action has five core principles that we teach at the intersection of faith and sport. Each principle provides a biblical framework for a key question. The five principles are:
- Audience of One (Who or what do I worship?)
- Inside Game (What’s my motivation?)
- Holy Sweat/Wholly Surrender (How do I grow?)
- Hurtin’ For Certain (How do I respond to pain and suffering?)
- Victory Beyond Competition (How do I live for God’s kingdom instead of my kingdom?)
Attached below is a 6-week Bible study for athletes on the Hurtin’ For Certain Principle. It helps answer the question “How do I respond to pain and suffering in a way that honors God?” It’s also available on the free Ao1 Life app.